We’re always interested in clever new (and preferably free) tools to make delivering projects a little more straightforward. Here are some for the budget tied interim manager or consultant (i.e they are all free).
1. Prezi – Presentation tool
Because any day with out PowerPoint is a good day!
2. Pocketmod – Smartphone planning tools on a folded piece of A4!
Have you ever walked along a street in London and counted how many people aren’t either plugged into their smartphone or poking at it? We read ‘Smartphones, silly users’ in the HBR the other day and remembered this clever little thing that captures a to-do list, calendar, notes etc on a piece of folded paper!
3. Gliffy - Flowcharts, Business Process Maps, Org Charts, Venn Diagrams
Lots of growing companies haven’t got round to investing in flashy presentation and planning software. This is useful for explaining complex processes
4. Less Annoying CRM - Beautifully simple CRM system
There are thousands of CRM systems that claim to do everything brilliantly. OK this isn’t free after the 30 day trial period, but $10 per month for this really easy to use system, is pretty cost effective.
5. Bubbl.us - Mindmapping and Brainstorming tool
Lugging a great big flipchart around isn’t good for your back, and this looks better and captures ideas more neatly.
6. The Secret Weapon - Planning tool for absolutely everything
Everyone’s heard of Evernote (and we all use it at Chorus), but this great little guide will show you how to really make it dance.
Have we missed anything really good that we should be recommending?! Get in touch and let us know